Press Brake Operator - Maintainer Corporation of Iowa
Maintainer Corporation of IowaSheldon, IA, US
Effectively works within a team environment and is capable of working with limited supervision and makes routine decisions about quality and safety of work performed. Operates press brake and sets up bending sequence programs as needed. May occasionally operate other metal fabrication equipment (laser table, saw, mill, etc.) as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Reasoning Ability, and or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, area and volume. Must have technical ability to meet customer specifications. Able to utilize tape measure, square, and possesses ability to read dimension prints effectively. Must be able to work effectively with computers and set up new programs on press brakes.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables where only limited standardization exists.
Communication and Language skills:
Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to maintain a positive work attitude while performing assigned duties.
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds while handling materials around the press brake. Will be required to lift up to 100 pounds on a regular basis while changing out punches/dies. Required to stand and use hands and fingers to grasp and hold objects, tools and or controls, likewise reach with arms and hands. Maintainer is a custom manufacturer which requires employees at times to work in awkward positions while performing these assigned duties. The employee is required to walk, sit, and talk or hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is also at times, exposed to fumes and or airborne particulates.
Must also utilize hand tools, power tools and other special equipment to perform assigned job.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Maintains an active forklift operator’s license. Successfully completes annual overhead crane and hoist training requirements.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
Safety eye glasses
Safety shoes with metatarsal guards
One of two kinds of cut resistant gloves
Maintainer is an equal opportunity employer. Women, veterans, disabled, and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Assists coworkers in the operation of press brakes and related processes. Teaches, coaches and trains others. Mentors co-workers on job related techniques.
2. Interprets and communicates blue prints and/or shop drawings for product specifications, material and bend radius requirements.
3. Effectively demonstrates the ability to set up new programs on the press brake. Is also able to change out punches and dies as needed for different parts/materials.
4. Meets assigned deadlines and production requirements to keep the press brake on schedule.
5. Maintains a clean and safe work environment and wears all required personal protective safety equipment. Works at different workstations as needs require.
6. Produces work that conforms to customer specifications and company standards understanding the importance of doing it right the first time before passing it on. Refers to blueprints, technical drawings and other written directions on a frequent basis.
7. Participates in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and by exhibiting initiative in areas within direct control.
8. Follow all organizational, departmental, safety policies, procedures and directions as outlined in but not limited to; Maintainer Employee Handbook, Maintainer Quality Manual, and assists with other duties as requested by management.
9. Primarily operates a press brake, but works at different work stations as needs require or shifts from one station to another. Able to promptly produce quality work that satisfies customer requirements.
10. Performs other duties as assigned by management.