Metal Fabrication Operator - Den Hartog Industries, Inc.
Den Hartog Industries, Inc.Hospers, IA, USA
Operates material handling equipment and forklifts to transport material around plant.
Operates fabricating machines such as saws, shears, rollers, presses, plasma cutters, and drills to prepare metal parts for assembly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Reads shop orders to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
2. Follows work instructions to ensure proper rolling of tubes, sawing of materials, shearing of material, and bending of material.
3. Uses machines and tools to help with specific tasks.
4. Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule or template.
5. Positions parts against stops or aligns layout marks with die or blade.
6. Pushes button or depresses pedal to activate machine.
7. Observes machine operation to detect part defects or machine malfunction.
8. Measures part dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
9. Removes burrs, sharp edges, or defects from parts.
10. Cleans and degreases parts.
11. Ensures all containers and parts are properly identified with part number and quantity.
12. Stacks and organizes both finished goods and raw materials.
13. Performs general housekeeping duties as assigned.
14. Once assembled, removes product by hand or forklift to other areas of the plant for additional finish work. Operates forklift and other material handling equipment as needed.
15. Uses computer system to clock in and out of jobs and record any needed information.
16. Works as member of DHI Team, handling whatever assignments are necessary to meet production schedule.
17. Projects enthusiasm about the company through positive interactions with others, including internal and external customers.
18. Follows quality assurance procedures established by the company.
19. Complies with company policies.