Mechanical Design Engineer - SEKISUI Aerospace
SEKISUI AerospaceOrange City, IA, US
Support the design department in the development of tooling required for the manufacturing of composite components and structures.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, including how an individual is to perform them and the frequency with which the tasks are performed; the tasks must be part of the job function and truly necessary or required to perform the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Ability to read blueprints, machine shop knowledge, drafting and engineering knowledge.
- Working experience with materials such as aluminum castings, forgings, bar stock, stainless steel, alloy and steel.
- Experience with troubleshooting non-conforming material Assist/contribute/lead product and process improvements in the fabrication, assembly and test process Initiate drawing changes
- Design cutters and fixtures relative to precision machining.
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of military and commercial aerospace specifications and standards
- Thorough understanding of machine tolerances, GD&T, and NC machine capabilities
- Thorough understanding of CAD software primarily Solid Works
- Experience in metal working or manufacturing a plus.
- Certified Solidworks Associate preferred.
- Certified Solidworks Professional a plus.
- Experience with Catia V5, Inventor, Solid Works, or other 3-Dimensional CADs required.
- Skilled in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- ERP system experience
- Develops complex mechanical designs into an electronic system utilizing CAD software. Ensures technical specifications and standards are adhered to.
- Complete project, design work and detailed drawings within the planned time schedule. Will work with the Vault administrator control and monitor vault transactions.
- Responsible for updating the Plex Tooling Module and keeping it current with all Molds, Fixtures, and Tooling. Monitor all "Tool Jobs" that are being completed.
- Review current mold, fixture, and tool drawings also make updates according to the direction of the Senior Design Engineer and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Perform incoming tool assembly, minor tool modifications repairs, and perform digital product definition translations. Work with Design Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers to create the correct tools needed for the product being developed.
- Digital Product Definition Translations (DPD)
- Update existing production tooling 3D models/prints as needed. Generate and maintain 3D models and prints using Solidworks.
- Utilize and maintain 3D models/prints using Enterprise PDM (vault) software. Work with Operations Software (PLEX)
- Generate tool numbers for molds, machining fixtures, etc.
- Create, update, and maintain tooling jobs to follow fabrication and release of tools. Support and assist with all Orange City operations design needs as assigned.