Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd Shift - Hood Packaging Corporation
Hood Packaging CorporationSibley Hourly, Sibley, IA, US
Hood Packaging is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Mechanic on 3rd shift for our Sibley, IA facility. We are a team that strives to be here for each other, get it right the first time and get better every day.
Hood Packaging Corporation has a rich history in North America as a leader in the packaging industry. From day one, our company has been at the forefront in the design and manufacture of a wide range of packaging materials. Our goal at Hood Packaging is to provide a product that is manufactured in a safety conscious environment with attention to high quality, timeliness, and that consistently exceeds safe quality food standards. We are able to meet our goal every day because we employ some of the best packaging people in the industry. We couldn't succeed without our dedicated employees. If you are looking for more than just a job and you want a career, consider Hood Packaging Corporation.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3 years’ manufacturing maintenance experience
- Troubleshooting skill, repair and planned maintenance experience
- Familiar with power transmission systems; manufacturing equipment, pumps and associated piping systems
- Good computer skills
Hood Packaging Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers applications for all positions without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap or any other legally protected status.
Scope of Position:
This individual works with the management team and other departments in aspects of safety, maintenance, and any other duties that are required. Assist in ensuring HACCP, GMP’s, Work Instructions, and food safety requirements are in compliance.
Functional Responsibilities (include but are NOT limited to):
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, gauges and test equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and provide quick, innovative solutions for mechanical equipment breakdowns by applying proven skills in the principles of mechanics, fitting, plumbing, basic welding, metal work, machining, troubleshooting and analytical problem solving.
- Informs appropriate management and operators of potential electrical/mechanical problems
- Perform preventative maintenance programs according to standards.
- Operate machine tools to perform necessary welding and sheet metal operations required in repairing equipment or making up guards, brackets and supports.
- Possesses the ability and willingness to work in a team-based environment.
- Assists other maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Response to equipment problems in a timely & customer-oriented manner.
- Integrating all plant, quality, safety and security policies and guidelines into all day to day activities on the job.