IT Systems Manager - Interstates
The IT Systems Manager leads our systems team members in working with IT project teams and business users to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements from which applications and solutions are selected, developed, and implemented. The IT Systems Manager is an active partner in shaping technology demand and solutions among the business delivery and deployment teams.
About us: Interstates meets the electrical and automation needs of companies around the world. For over sixty years, we have tackled complex challenges and developed innovative solutions for industrial manufacturing and processing facilities. What started as a small electric company has evolved into an organization with over 1,000 employees and multiple locations throughout the Midwest. At Interstates, we treat each other like family because our team is the foundation for our success. Our collaborative workplace is based on trust, integrity, and support for one another.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science, Information Technology or a related technical field; or 5 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience/training.
Travel Requirements: There is limited travel expected with this position, up to 25%
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Company-paid Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and Holidays
- Matching 401k program
- Pay for performance bonuses.
- HSA contributions
- Casual dress code
- Safety focused culture
- Family-focused culture
- Community Giveback opportunities
Interstates is an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer and provides a drug-free work environment.
Team Lead Responsibilities:
- Set expectations and coordinate systems team workload and performance
- Coach and develop systems team members
- Direct day-to-day operations and standards for systems team
- Develop vision, value proposition and direction for systems team in coordination with IT Delivery and business needs
- Coordinates the project resources to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Collaboration and communicate to assess systems needs across the organization
- Identifies opportunities and provide orchestration and consulting on business-led technology initiatives
- Engage with the IT Leader Team and Business Partners in setting priorities for IT Delivery
- Forecast financial needs for systems across the company
- Works with business partners to elicit, analyze, and document business requirements
- Collaborates with IT project teams to communicate business priorities, translate business requirements into technical requirements and identify appropriate solutions
- Facilitates regular requirement gathering and design sessions with user community and communicates expectations to the systems team
- Negotiates (internally and externally) innovative business solutions that satisfy customer needs, are consistent with architectural guidelines, and conform to security standards
- Works with multiple stakeholders to assess the impact of proposed solutions, facilitate deployments and minimize disruption to services