Engineering Technician - Maintainer Corporation of Iowa
Maintainer Corporation of IowaSheldon, IA, US
General Responsibility Statement:
This position is primarily responsible for the drawing of hydraulic diagrams and electrical schematics on Maintainer equipment. This position works under the supervision of a degreed engineer and works closely with Designers and Engineers to ensure diagrams and schematics are thorough and accurate. The Engineering Technician is also responsible to provide support to manufacturing by assisting with troubleshooting as it relates to electrical and hydraulic systems. This position is also responsible for programming chassis modules for electrical interface.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competent in computer operations including CAD (2D drawing creation). Familiar with
all Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Possesses a working knowledge of Mechanical Design practices and procedures.
Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical systems relating to mechanic service and lubrication trucks. Familiar with materials used in the design of mechanic service and lubrication trucks. Familiar with metal fabricating, finishing, and assembly processes. Utilize Maintainer parts numbering system and parts description nomenclature for components and assemblies.
Education, Reasoning Ability, and/or Experience:
Prefer a two-year mechanical design technology degree and one year of industrial experience. Minimum experience of two years is required or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to apply problem solving techniques.
Ability to apply standard drawing practices when producing design documentation ie. tolerances, welding and machining symbols, line conventions and dimensioning.
Ability to develop product structures by creating engineering parts lists and bills of material.
Note: Forgoing the formal education in lieu of demonstrating acceptable skill and knowledge of over 5 years of experience in a related manufacturing environment.
Must have knowledge and an understanding of the following mathematical expressions and be proficient in applying them to the general responsibilities of the positions. Math requirements, but not limited to calculations with Ohm’s Law; pressure and flow calculations pertaining to hydraulic systems.
Communication and Language skills:
Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write moderately detailed correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Required to sit and use a computer. Handle paperwork, stand and use hands and fingers to grasp and hold objects, tools and/or controls. Likewise, to reach with arms and hands. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is also at times, exposed to fumes and or airborne particulate.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Creates diagrams and schematics for hydraulic and electrical systems on service and lube trucks.
- Demonstrates proficiency with necessary CAD tools including 2D. 3D work may also be required on an occasional basis.
- Understands electrical systems and components typically used in Maintainer systems.
- Understands open center and closed center hydraulic systems. Follows and understands typical configurations on Maintainer products.
- Works under the supervision of a degreed Engineer. Asks for technical guidance and assistance from Engineers and other resources as required.
- Creates Bill of Material for Global Shop Work Orders. Is thorough and accurate in the completion of this work.
- Program chassis engine, transmission, and body controllers for integration with Maintainer wiring systems.
- Provides assistance to production with troubleshooting electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.