Composites Manufacturing Engineer - SEKISUI Aerospace
SEKISUI AerospaceOrange City, IA, US
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the development and improvement of composite part fabrication processes, methods, and tooling. Position may include design of tools, shop floor manufacturing support, process development and introduction of new products.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, including how an individual is to perform them and the frequency with which the tasks are performed; the tasks must be part of the job function and truly necessary or required to perform the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Detailed understanding of GD&T.
- Experience in Work Instruction creation.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills; able to prepare technical documents to be sent to customers.
- Composite part fabrication experience.
- Implementation of continuous improvements by the use of Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen methods.
- Reviewing drawings, models, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures and activities.
- Establishment of sequences of operations to fabricate and assemble composite products that promote efficient utilization of equipment and labor.
- Implementing and improving new manufacturing processes.
- Experience with composite process and specifications of thermoset and/or thermoplastic parts and structures.
- Experience in establishing qualification plans, in order to qualify processes and equipment to the customer specifications.
- Capable of designing or defining the requirements for the development of equipment, robotics, Lay-up molds, Vacuum Holding Fixtures, Shop Aids, Positioning fixtures, Go-No-Go inspection tools required for the manufacturing of new products.
- Capable of performing safety, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), Process Capability and Total Product Maintenance (TPM) for new and existing equipment.
- Understanding basic industrial engineering practices, such as, time studies, statistical analysis, ergonomic impacts, and value engineering principals.
- Ply shape flat pattern development.
- Tool Design experience.
- Knowledge of Boeing and Airbus process and specifications.
- Familiar with composite autoclave or oven curing cycles, thermal profiles, recipes, thermal effects, thermal expansion, wrinkles and tooling spring back effects.
- Experience with Catia V5, Inventor, Solid Works, or other 3-Dimensional CADs required.
- Skilled in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- ERP system experience
An exciting aerospace career awaits you in our manufacturing facility in Orange City, Iowa. Apply to join the SEKISUI Aerospace team today!
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to precarious places and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate requiring hearing protection in certain areas.
Required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
PPE is provided by SEKISUI Aerospace based on the employee’s position and exposure.
Day Shift: Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM, additional overtime hours as needed
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company Sponsored 401k
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Development of tools, processes, machines and equipment to integrate the facilities and systems for producing quality product with the optimum expenditure of capital.
- Shop floor support
- Responsible for applying and establishing statistical methods, which control the process and maximize productivity.
- Work Instructions/BOM creation