Chassis Logistics Worker - Maintainer Corporation of Iowa
Maintainer Corporation of IowaSheldon, IA, US
The Unit Shipping & Receiving Worker is responsible for the check-in, loading, and unloading of chassis and completed units between the various Maintainer plant locations. This position will frequently work outdoors with truck delivery drivers and Maintainer personnel to coordinate the efficient loading/unloading of all product. This position requires frequent operation of large truck bodies both on Maintainer premises and on public highways. A CDL license is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Have a CDL or willingness to obtain a CDL within the first six months.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, area and volume. Must have technical ability to meet customer specifications. Able to utilize tape measure, square, and possesses ability to read dimension prints effectively.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables where only limited standardization exists.
Familiarity and knowledge of customer/supplier relationship in regard to primary work area and basic understanding of all phases of production within primary area/department.
Communication and Language skills:
Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to maintain a positive work attitude while performing assigned duties.
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Required to stand and use hands and fingers to grasp and hold objects, tools and or controls, likewise reach with arms and hands. The employee is required to walk, sit, climb, kneel, crouch and talk or hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is also at times, exposed to fumes and or airborne particulates.
Must frequently utilize hand tools, power tools, and other special equipment to perform assigned job.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Successfully completes annual overhead crane and hoist training requirements. Maintains current Maintainer forklift license.
Maintainer is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Prepares units for transport with chassis and body modifications as needed to accommodate loading for transport and drive-away.
- Loads completed units onto trailers prior to delivery. Loads ship-out bodies using Maintainer cranes and/or overhead hoists as needed. Works within all safety guidelines to ensure an efficient and safe loading process.
- Operates forklift frequently to load/unload chassis and/or large parts as needed.
- Works closely with appropriate Sales personnel to processes required paperwork with transport as needed.
- Inspects chassis arriving to verify accuracy of delivery and document any damage as required. Completes necessary receipt forms and records engineering data as needed. Assists in chassis prep and final detail.
- Assisting with issues with chassis and arranging service needed with various chassis dealers and body ships in the area along with transportation needed. May occasionally be required to transport chassis/units between Maintainer plant locations and vendor locations throughout the region.
- Participates in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and by exhibiting initiative in areas within direct control.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.