Apprentice Electrician - Interstates
InterstatesSioux Center, Iowa
Would you like to gain experience in the electrical field that will lead to great pay, consistent work, and full-time career opportunities in the future? Get started today in our DOL approved Electrical Apprentice program and work alongside a team of experienced leaders, trainers, and licensing specialists who are dedicated to YOUR success. You will gain experience in the field, build genuine relationships with like-minded professionals, and develop the necessary skills and knowledge needed to become a licensed journeyman electrician!
Education and Experience: Candidates with a degree/certificate in electrical or a similar program preferred but not required
Location and Travel: This position will require travel throughout the Sioux Center, IA area (typically within 200 miles of the office). Applicants must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license. Per Diem and mileage stipends applicable per company policy.
Interstates is an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer and provides a drug free work environment.
Interstates Employees Describe Our Culture As Family-Like
- Caring co-workers treat each other like family
- Be treated like an individual, not just a number
- Flexible schedules allow you to focus on your personal life as well as work life
- Lunch gatherings and social activities promotes fun and camaraderie
- Support charities and your community through events sponsored and hosted by Interstates
- Providing opportunities for our people
- Making a difference with our clients
- Pursuing a better way
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Competitive Pay
- Bonus Incentives
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Advancement Opportunities
We are looking for candidates interested in becoming licensed through our Electrical Apprenticeship Program.
- Work safely and follow all safety guidelines per OSHA regulations and Interstates' standards
- Measure, cut, and bend conduit using a tape measure and appropriate power/hand tools
- Operate power tools such as drills, saws, pullers, tuggers, etc.
- Install conductors in race way and cable tray using manual and power equipment
- Assist in lifting, positioning, and fastening objects, such as wiring, conduit, and motors
- Perform minor repairs, such as replacing fuses, light sockets, bulbs, and switches
- Disassemble defective electrical equipment, such as motors, using appropriate power/hand tools
- Load, transport, unload, and furnish Journeyman and Foreman Electricians with materials, equipment, tools, and supplies
- Use ladders, scaffolding, scissor and boom lifts
- Perform housekeeping duties, as required
- Other duties as assigned by field leaders