Welder - Interstates
InterstatesSioux Center, Iowa
Join Our Family
Would you like to gain experience in the electrical construction field that will lead to great pay, consistent work, and full-time career opportunities in the future? Get started today in our InterFab shop and work alongside a team of experienced leaders who are dedicated to YOUR success. You will gain experience in a prefabrication setting not limited to one skillset, build genuine relationships with like-minded professionals, and get a feel for what a career in the trades could look like for you!
When you join Interstates, you will find opportunities for educational and career growth, one of the best safety records in the business, and a family-oriented company ready to provide you with the tools to succeed and industry experiences you can't get in a classroom. If you are searching for a career that is built to last, consider joining the Interstates Family by applying online today!
We meet the electrical and automation needs of companies around the world. For over sixty years, we’ve tackled complex challenges and developed innovative solutions. We started out as a small electric company and have evolved into an organization with over 1000 employees and multiple locations throughout the Midwest. During this evolution, the most impressive thing we have built is our team! At Interstates we treat each other like family, because the foundation of our success is our team. We have created a collaborative workplace based on trust, integrity, and support for one another.
At Interstates, our success starts with yours.
Travel: This position will be located in our Sioux Center, IA office and will not require any travel (must be local or willing to relocate to Sioux Center, IA area).
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Advanced level of technical education (welding certificate) or previous fabrication experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal communication
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment and build effective relationships
- Display a positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Be results driven and safety minded
- Ability to routinely lift 50-75lbs
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Displays a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Takes the initiative to learn systems and processes
- Takes a proactive approach to problem solving
- Promotes building good teams
- Positively embraces change
- Supports the company values
- Completes the following:
- MIG Welding
- TIG Welding
- Cuts steel (band saw, sheet, plasma cut)
- Bend Steel (press brake, iron worker)