Warehouse Technician - Maintainer Corporation of Iowa
Maintainer Corporation of IowaSheldon, IA, US
General Responsibility Statement:
Assembles orders, and reports shortages and incomplete orders. Operates standard manual and automatic equipment and tools. Places materials, supplies and other received goods on shelves, rack, carts or floor locations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Reasoning ability, and or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Communication and Language skills:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is also at times exposed to noise, fumes and/or airborne particulates.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Possesses basic computer and keyboarding skills. Familiar with all Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Pulls parts per unit pick list ensuring the accuracy and entirety of the pick list. Communicates to internal customers any short fills.
- Receive, inspect and place on inventory all warehouse parts, materials and tools.
- Ship parts and materials per customer requests.
- Provide window support for internal customers per the issuing of supplies, materials, tools and equipment.
- Conducts regularly scheduled cycle counts of warehouse inventory ensuring the accuracy of all parts, supplies and materials. Reports any discrepancies and adjustments to the Warehouse Manager.
- Maintains a safe and orderly work environment by storing inventory daily, keeping the Parts Room free of clutter and wearing all required protective safety equipment.
- Produces work that conforms to customer specifications and quality standards understanding the importance of doing work right the first time before passing it on. May refer to blueprints, technical drawings and other written directions.
- Works at different work areas as needs require or shifts from one station to another with little or no direction from supervisor. Able to quickly identify customer/supplier needs and resolves them.
- Participates in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and showing initiative in areas within direct control.
- Performs other duties as requested by management