VP of Accounting and IT - Diamond Vogel
Diamond VogelOrange City, Iowa
Vogel Traffic Services is now hiring a VP of Accounting and IT. Overall responsibilities include directing and managing the accounting, finance and information technology functions and staff for the Vogel Traffic Services group. Additionally, working cooperatively and collaboratively with the financial and information technology services provided by Diamond Vogel Corporate. Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department and analyzing accounting data to produce financial statements and management reports. Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies, and principles across all aspects of the company. Directing the utilization and maintenance of the VTS ERP system. (Global Shop).
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience as an Accounting/Finance Manager
- Experience with financial reporting and management
- Proficient in MS Office, ERP software, etc.
- Understanding and knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
Salary commensurate with experience.
Why join our team?
- We care about career growth and work-life balance
- Family-oriented culture and ownership
- Advancement opportunities
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile, analyze and maintain company financial information
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans. Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data (cash flow, inventory management, finance mgmt, etc.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Oversee and direct accounts receivable and accounts payable processes
- Manage the pricing methods & practices for business units and operations
- Provide required cost accounting to support financial management of company operations and pricing
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Maintain asset and equipment leasing information
- Support the operations on inventory and asset management to assure investments provide appropriate cash flow and turn.
- Responsible for ensuring payroll data is accurate, submitted timely and properly managed
- Work collaboratively and supportively with Diamond Vogel Corporate Finance to assure proper finance management
- As requested, work with traffic paint and coatings to support their business development and management
- Direct, manage and maintain use of company software systems and maintenance, including updates and troubleshooting. Work collaboratively and cooperatively with Diamond Vogel Information Technology to assure systems wide standards, data management and security.
- Provide centralized repository for company legal agreements, contracts, and documents.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets and financial condition by establishing, monitoring, auditing, and enforcing internal controls. Providing information to external auditors as needed.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Managing processes
- Financial software
- Developing standards
- Auditing, accounting, and corporate finance
- Tracking budget expenses
- Financial skills
- Analyzing information
- Developing budgets
- Performance management
- Ability to multitask
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy of financial information