Test Engineer - LINK MFG., LTD
LINK MFG., LTD (Stephanie Regnerus)LINK CORPORATE SIOUX CENTER
Work for a company that is driven to outperform! Link innovates and manufactures a variety of suspensions specially engineered to address the unique needs of commercial vehicles and equipment. At Link, we exemplify servanthood, demonstrate respect for people, set the standard for reliability, do the right thing, and are One Team!
SUMMARY: The Test Engineer is responsible to support the design, development, and manufacture of products by constructing test fixtures, performing tests, writing reports, and assisting with building prototypes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible to test approved prototype units by working with Engineering and production staff. Also, responsible to install and evaluate prototype units as directed.
· Uses, maintains, and calibrates various sensors including accelerometers, strain gauges, load cells, LVDT’s, LVT’s, string potentiometers, etc.
· Uses, maintains, and programs Data Acquisition equipment. Also maintains test equipment lists and capabilities.
· Designs and/or assists in the design of test fixtures and layouts for structural, functional, and performance tests.
· Conducts engineering tests including but not limited to; Material and Component Characterization; Structural and Functional Performance including pull strength, durability, and isolation; Vehicle Performance including: ride quality, displacement, and velocity.
· Supports engineering customer efforts by visiting customers, installing prototypes, collecting data and supporting engineering testing efforts in the field. Participates in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and by exhibiting initiative in areas within direct control.
· Performs other duties as requested by the Lead Senior Engineer – ATC Supervisor.