Sr Purchasing Agent - SEKISUI Aerospace
SEKISUI AerospaceOrange City, IA, US
An exciting aerospace career awaits you in our manufacturing facility in Orange City, Iowa. Apply to join the SEKISUI Aerospace team today!
Strategically manages the timely and cost-effective purchases of raw materials, supplies, and services required to meet SEKISUI Aerospace production requirements. Drive continuous improvement to meet or exceed corporate goals
Essential Functions: Essential functions, including how an individual is to perform them and the frequency with which the tasks are performed; the tasks must be part of the job function and truly necessary or required to perform the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Business acumen
- Operational excellence
- Accepts and creates a culture of accountability
- Collaborative relationships
- Ability to effectively negotiate.
- Strong analytical / mathematical skills required.
- Skilled in written and verbal communication.
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities efficiently to meet changing deadlines
Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to precarious places and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate requiring hearing protection in certain areas.
Required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
PPE is provided by SEKISUI Aerospace based on the employee’s position and exposure.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company Sponsored 401k
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Develop and implement sourcing and negotiation strategies for key spend areas to achieve short- and long-term targets. Collaborate with cross functional teams to establish objectives.
- Measure and manage the overall performance of the supplier network. Evaluate supplier capabilities and establish sources for new technologies and new markets dictated by business requirements. Identify, select, and qualify the ‘best’ suppliers in the industry per category utilizing strategic supply base analysis. Develop and manage functional supplier relationships with key strategic suppliers to optimize financial and operational performance.
- Responsible for effectively negotiating, creating and executing contracts with raw material suppliers. Contractually securing raw materials and packaging within spending authority guidelines. Manage areas of responsibility while developing and implementing practices to ensure effectiveness and efficiencies of strategic initiatives.
- Lead development and implementation and alignment of sourcing strategies and supplier capabilities for spend categories to achieve broad business objectives. Responsible for securing materials at the lowest total cost of ownership through competitive bid analysis and all other costs of ownership.
- Responsible for managing the total cost of ownership by collecting information, analyzing, recommending, communicating, and executing reduction in waste initiatives. Develop and implement cost saving strategies that directly affect company financial results.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.