Shipping - LINK MFG., LTD
LINK MFG., LTDLINK CORPORATE SIOUX CENTER
Work for a company that is driven to outperform! Link innovates and manufactures a variety of suspensions specially engineered to address the unique needs of commercial vehicles and equipment. At Link, we exemplify servanthood, demonstrate respect for people, set the standard for reliability, do the right thing, and are One Team!
Full-time day shift position. 7:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday. Must be able to operate a Powered Industrial Vehicle.
The Shipping Employee is responsible for the shipment of goods and products in a safe, sound, and cost effective manner, and insures that required documentation is maintained.
Performs the shipping functions and assures that these functions are performed in a safe, accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
- Compiles the related documents and reports that are required for the receipt and shipping of goods and products.
- Plans and coordinates pickup and delivery schedules.
- Examines items to be shipped, to ascertain approximate weights and appropriate packaging.
- Confers with the Production Supervisor and Customer Service Manager to ensure coordination of shipping activities in order to meet shipping requirements.
- Participates in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and by exhibiting initiative in areas within direct control.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to fingers in handling, grasping, or feeling objects, tools, or controls for an extended period of time. The employee must be able to occasionally work above the shoulder height and frequently have neck flexion and extension. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit and frequently required to see, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds.