Senior Quality Engineer - SEKISUI Aerospace
SEKISUI AerospaceOrange City, IA, US
Responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing and directing all aspects of the Quality department and reports to the Quality Manager. The chosen candidate will be responsible for implementing and utilizing the AS 9100-B / ISO 9001-2000 compliant Quality Management Systems to ensure that our products are manufactured to meet the dimensions, specifications, quality and any other features or requirements specified by our customers. The chosen candidate will drive the continuous improvement of customer feedback, management, manufacturing, and supply chain processes.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, including how an individual is to perform them and the frequency with which the tasks are performed; the tasks must be part of the job function and truly necessary or required to perform the job.
- Must have extensive AS9100, ISO9000 & QS9000 quality systems experience
- Proven track record in managing a manufacturing quality system with measurable results
- Knowledge of advanced manufacturing, quality assurance, quality control, and related measurement methods and techniques
- Knowledge of product inspection standards and sampling, metrology and tools calibration an asset
- Experience in using statistical data analysis methodology to control and improve the design, product realization (manufacturing) and supply chain related processes
- Knowledge of supply chain processes and supplier quality management programs for government and prime contractors purchasing, contracting and subcontracting
- Ability to specify, negotiate and document agreements related to supplier quality requirements
- Experience in developing, implementing and managing/leading an effective MRB (material review board) program
- Ability to lead an effective continuous improvement program (or be part of the team that is responsible) related to both products and processes
- Ability to interact well with and manage people as well as facilitate interdisciplinary teams
- Adapts quickly to changing requirements, resources, and tools
- Superior leadership, communication and interdisciplinary skills
- Very proficient with Microsoft office products, document control systems, and databases
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to precarious places and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate requiring hearing protection in certain areas.
Required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
PPE is provided by SEKISUI Aerospace based on the employee’s position and exposure.
Day Shift: Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM, additional overtime hours as needed
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company Sponsored 401k
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Tuition Reimbursement
An exciting aerospace career awaits you in our manufacturing facility in Orange City, Iowa. Apply to join the SEKISUI Aerospace team today!
- Works with customers, program managers, and engineering staff to develop techniques and procedures for inspecting and testing company product
- Responsible for inspection, test and calibration operations
- Oversees analysis on material or product defects, production processes, and customer requirements in order to recommend or implement modifications in products and/or quality standards where appropriate
- Maintains and continually improves the Quality Management System
- Partners with engineering to manage the document control process
- Establishes effective communication channels that ensure the flow of quality-related information to and from vendors, customers, management, and other departments
- Identifies and develops new quality metrics as needs arise
- Assists in development of strategic and tactical plans to ensure achievement of company and departmental goals
- Works with program managers, and engineering staff to define how the quality system will meet the customer’s requirements