Roto-Mold Night Positions - Den Hartog Industries, Inc.
Den Hartog Industries, Inc.Hospers, IA, USA
Following quality/customer specifications and work orders, loads, runs, and unloads oven in order to manufacture plastic part. Inspects part, paying close attention to detail and established quality standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reads and comprehends simple written and verbal instructions.
- Capacity to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to accurately complete basic production and employee related paperwork.
- Aptitude to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to operate computer and comprehend basic computing for data collection.
- Proficiency with hand/air tools, such as knives, drills, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude is helpful.
- Experience in operating hand tools (i.e.saws, routers, etc.) and air tools, helpful.
- Manufacturing experience, helpful.
Full Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401k, Paid Vacation
- Inspects all hand tools, hoses, and equipment for signs of wear or misuse at start of shift. If not in proper condition contacts Lead Worker.
- When applicable performs Oven Start Up and/or Oven Shut Down.
- Reads shop orders to determine work order number, part number, and part description including weight, color, type of resin, proper mold, vent length and any other specifications.
- With supervision of Lead Worker, makes mold changes using impact and open-end wrenches. Operates hoist and/or forklift to move and mount mold.
- Checks to determine if needed items are present and in ready to use condition including: inserts, mold clamps, flange bolts, etc.
- Programs oven arm with information from work order including cook time, temperature, water, rotation, and cooling time.
- Weighs resin powder on digital scale to the 1/10th of a pound. Fills oven mold with resin powder. Adds any inserts or necessary items to be installed.
- Monitors oven arm during cook and cooling cycles.
- When cooking and cooling is complete, de-molds part by loosening bolts with impact and removing part. Checks part to determine if properly cooked.
- Inspects part for any defects including warp, debris, release pull off, dents in mold, etc. Determines if release needs to be applied or removed. Checks vents and flanges.
- Toward shift end records scrap and parts from casting sheet and from Finishing Operator into TCM.
- Maintains organized work area including arranging parts and production flow.
- Cleans and sweeps area, disposing of garbage as needed.
- Operates forklift and other material handling equipment, as needed.
- Uses computer system to clock in and out of jobs and record any needed information.
- Works as member of DHI Team, handling whatever assignments are necessary to meet production schedule. Assignments may include working in other areas, etc.
- Projects enthusiasm about the company through positive interactions with others, including internal and external customers.
- Complies with company policies.