Quality Engineer - LINK MFG., LTD
LINK MFG., LTDLINK CORPORATE SIOUX CENTER
SUMMARY: The Quality Engineer is responsible for maintaining the quality program and the quality registration/certification by performing the following duties. This position is a key team member of the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) team.
Submit your resume profile. After you create your resume, you can maintain your own information, including detailed personal information, education, skills, and certifications. Once completed, our recruiters will be able to find open positions that fit your resume profile.
Submit your resume now!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Involved in development of Quality Manual, Procedures, and Work Instructions that assure a high level of program compliance including quality processes and procedures that produce high quality products and services throughout the company.
- Works to meet goals and objectives for the Quality Management System that is consistent with the direction of the company. Assists in the collection of information for management review to ensure company is meeting goals and objectives of the quality system.
- Assist Product Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering to develop and ensure process quality through our APQP process and to make significant gains in product quality and productivity through quality monitoring and continuous improvement.
- Assures compliance and conformance to all customers (OEM) quality requirements.
- Facilitate problem solving analysis to identify and implement corrective actions for internal and external quality issues.
- Assist in development of supplier certification processes, including monitoring supplier performance and following up on supplier quality issues.
- Evaluate and communicate results of process capability studies and other ongoing process monitoring systems to assure continued reduction in defect rates, rework, and other avoidable non value added costs.
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA) – manage gage R&R studies to meet IATF16949 Standards.
- Conduct internal quality audits to assure compliance to quality system, processes and schedules.
- Participates in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and by exhibiting initiative in areas within direct control.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Senior Manager Quality and Manufacturing Engineering or assigned by the organization.