Production Team Member - SEKISUI Aerospace
SEKISUI AerospaceOrange City, IA, USA
Assembles airplane components by laying composites and materials such as pre-impregnated fiberglass cloth onto molds by performing the following duties. Works according to takt time on a moving line or bench, performing finish assembly processes to mass-produce commercial aircraft composite products. Position involves sanding, cleaning, and preparing parts for the appropriate next step in the production process, along with some machine operation in machining.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, including how an individual is to perform them and the frequency with which the tasks are performed; the tasks must be part of the job function and truly necessary or required to perform the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- High attention to detail: Multiple pieces make up the layup of parts. Each must be placed accurately and oriented correctly. Must be able to quickly spot and address flaws in raw material.
- Hand dexterity/coordination: Job requires a lot of specific finger movements and hand layup techniques.
- Physical demands include lifting and moving material weighing 10-40lbs.
- Organization: Must be able to keep track of various parts and job orders and manage time spent on different tasks.
- Cleanliness: Parts can be sensitive to foreign materials, must be able to keep a clean workspace.
- Safety-Minded: Team needs people who are putting safety first, and realize how important it is to take care around certain machinery/equipment.
- Writing Comprehension: Important to be able to read and comprehend the work instructions and job orders that will be handled.
- Computer Literacy: Team member will have to use several computer interfaces to record and manage production as they layup production parts.
Basic computer & software skills preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to precarious places and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate requiring hearing protection in certain areas.
Required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
PPE is provided by SEKISUI Aerospace based on the employee’s position and exposure.
An exciting aerospace career awaits you in our manufacturing facility in Orange City, Iowa. Apply to join the SEKISUI Aerospace team today!
Day Shift: Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, additional overtime hours as needed
Swing Shift: Monday - Friday, 1:00 PM - 9:00 PM, additional overtime hours as needed.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company Sponsored 401k
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Responsible for the hand layup of advanced composite materials on designated tooling per specific work instructions and customer specifications.
- Performs advance composite operations to include molding, trimming, vacuum-bagging, basic repair, material preparation, weighing, molding, finishing, and secondary machine operations.
- Inspection of in-process and finished product using hand measurement tools and other tests procedures may be required.
- Record keeping of inspection results where required.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of how work orders and lay-up charts ensure the quality of the product while providing suggestions for improvement
- Must be able to work with shop tools and equipment used in composite layup as well as demonstrate the ability to perform in a team environment and exhibit a willingness to “do what it takes” to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Assemble parts according to job travelers and provided sketch sheets.
- Performs bonding processes using adhesives, small hand tools, and assembly jigs.
- Requires light sanding and abrading of composite, plastic, and some metal components.
- Hand wraps insulation blankets, using utility knives, foam insulation, and insulation tape.
- May perform some light riveting using rivet squeezes and pop rivet guns.
- Sand, clean, and prep parts for machining, painting, or assembly.
- Mask non-painted surfaces
- Use various methods to fill voids and porosity
- Operate automated downdraft booth, grit blaster, and handheld power tools.
- Operate water jet cutters.
- Follow basic quality assurance checks.
- Perform any other duties requested by management, including cross training in other areas of facility
- Manage In-Process quality assurance within department
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.