Production Supervisor - Maintainer Corporation of Iowa
Maintainer Corporation of IowaSheldon, IA, US
General Responsibility Statement:
The Production Supervisor plans, organizes, controls their assigned areas of responsibility. Also responsible for directing and managing employees to achieve defined goals and objectives. Works within all quality, safety, legal, and company policy guidelines. Places a premium on collaboration, cooperation, and contributing to the overall success of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Reasoning ability, and or Experience:
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred; a minimum of four to five years experience in a supervisory capacity preferably in a manufacturing environment is required; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. The ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Communication and Language skills:
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Effectively leads others by example, teaching and coaching. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations. Able to apply algebra, geometry and statistics. This could include the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Required to stand and use hands and fingers to grasp and hold objects, tools and or controls, likewise reach with arms and hands. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is exposed to fumes and or airborne particulates.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Maintains an active forklift operator’s license. Successfully completes annual overhead crane and hoist training requirements.
Maintainer is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Disabled, Veterans, and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Plans for production capacity within assigned areas of control. Communicates with subordinate employees and the Manufacturing Manager regarding challenges and opportunities related to production plans.
- Monitors the progress of units in their assigned areas of control to meet or exceed production plans.
- Ensures Quality and cost control procedures are followed. Holds performance and quality standards to a high level throughout areas of assigned responsibility.
- Conducts employee performance appraisals and developmental coaching. Involves Human Resources as needed.
- Identifies and implements process improvements to reduce costs, improve quality, and increase productivity.
- Follow all organizational and area/departmental procedures, safety policies and directives as outlined in, but not limited to:
A. Maintainer Employee Handbook
B. Maintainer Quality Manual
C. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Directly supervises production employees including subordinate Lead Specialists. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training and development of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; making salary recommendations; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Holds others accountable for value-driven performance and behavior. Is a positive role model and is responsive to the needs of others.