Production Lead Specialist - Maintainer Corporation of Iowa
Maintainer Corporation of IowaSheldon, IA, US
General Responsibility Statement:
Assists in the production of custom built heavy-duty service and lubrication bodies, and service body cranes as planned in the production schedule. Works with minimal supervision. Maintains focus on primary goals and the organizations overall mission and purpose. Performs direct work demonstrating the ability to perform any of the various operations within the area/department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Reasoning Ability, and or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or 4-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to work and cooperate with others.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, and volume. Able to utilize tape measure, square, and possesses ability to read dimension prints effectively. Capable of applying concepts of basic algebra, geometry and statistics. Able to “lead by example”, assist in teaching technical skills, maintaining equipment, producing work of the highest quality and contribute to ongoing improvement efforts.
Familiarity and knowledge of customer/supplier relationship in regard to primary work area and basic understanding of all phases of production within primary area/department.
Communication and Language skills:
Ability to read, comprehend and follow moderately complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Very effective in dealing with coworkers. Demonstrates flexibility and is tactful and courteous in teamwork efforts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to walk, sit, and talk and/or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pound, be able to stand, kneel, sit, and squat and work in these positions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is also at times, exposed to fumes and or airborne particulates.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Maintains an active forklift operator’s license. Successfully completes annual overhead crane and hoist training requirements.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Works with the Production Supervisor to coordinate departmental work flow, internal production planning, and oversees productivity within the work cells.
- Manages schedules, materials, personnel, and attends production related meetings in the absence of the Production Supervisor.
- Demonstrates ability to set up and operate all machines in primary area/department and capable of performing those jobs. Has extensive knowledge of skills and processes. Effectively utilizes tool and resources to accomplish job assignments.
- Assists Production Workers and Production Technicians by providing training, guidance, and support in the manufacturing processes. Analyzes and resolves work problems, and assists others in solving work related problems. Stresses the importance of doing it right the first time before passing it on.
- Helps interpret company policy and enforces safety regulations. Monitors safety housekeeping and practices.
- Assists with or maintains time and production records. Participates in all continuous improvement activities by offering suggestions. Exhibits good judgment and takes initiative in areas within direct control.
- Exceeds quality standards in most every job assignment. Recognized by management for taking a leadership role in their area/department.
- Maintains proper inventory of consumables and service parts for the cutting machines, and, where applicable, maintains all necessary tooling
- Follows all organizational and departmental procedures, safety policies and directions as outlined in; Maintainer Employee Handbook and Maintainer Quality Manual.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
In the absence of the Production Supervisor, this position directly supervises production employees including Production Specialists and Production Technicians. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training and development of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Holds others accountable for value-driven performance and behavior. Is a positive role model and is responsive to the needs of others.