Painter 1 - Maintainer Corporation of Iowa
Maintainer Corporation of IowaSheldon, IA, US
Paints surfaces of all truck and crane parts; applies undercoating to all truck units. Utilizes knowledge of surface preparation and painting techniques. Produces quality work while working effectively within a team environment. Demonstrates capability of working with limited supervision and makes routine decisions about quality of the final paint product and safety of work performed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Reasoning Ability, and or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as ratios, percentages, proportions, area and volume. Must have technical ability and work output that meets Maintainers quality standards.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables where only limited standardization exists.
Familiarity and knowledge of customer/supplier relationship in regard to paint area and basic understanding of all phases of production within the paint area.
Communication and Language skills:
Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to co-workers and management in one-on-one and group situations. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to maintain a positive work attitude while performing assigned duties.
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Required to stand and frequently use hands and fingers to grasp and hold objects, tools and or controls, likewise frequently reach with arms and hands. This position requires a frequent grasping motion and the ability to work with arms extended for several minutes at a time for operation of the paint gun. Maintainer is a custom manufacturer which requires employees at times to work in awkward positions while performing these assigned duties. The employee is required to walk, crouch, kneel, sit, and talk or hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is also at times, exposed to fumes and or airborne particulates.
Must also utilize hand tools, power tools and other special equipment to perform assigned job.
Other Skills and Abilities:
This position does not include any additional skills/abilities.
Maintainer is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and children are encouraged to apply.
1. Assists coworkers in the operation and set up of specific paint equipment and paint processes. Teaches, coaches and trains others. Mentors co-workers on job related techniques.
2. Interprets and communicates blue prints and/or shop drawings for product specifications in the paint area.
3. Maintains a clean and safe work environment and wears all required personal protective safety equipment.
4. Performs repair work, applies undercoat, and paints all crane parts and IPO’s per the manufacturing schedule. Has in-depth knowledge of products and paint processes in the following areas: Paint Final/Repair; Paint Prep; and Undercoating.
5. Produces work that conforms to customer specifications and company standards understanding the importance of doing it right the first time before passing it on. Refers to blueprints, technical drawings and other written directions. Works at different workstations as needs require.
6. Participates in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and by exhibiting initiative in areas within direct control.
7. Follows all organizational, departmental, safety policies, procedures and directions as outlined in but not limited to; Maintainer Employee Handbook, and Maintainer Quality Manual.
8. Performs other duties as requested by Management.