Maintenance Technician (Controls / Electrical) - SEKISUI Aerospace
SEKISUI AerospaceOrange City, IA, US
An exciting aerospace career awaits you in our manufacturing facility in Orange City, Iowa. Apply to join the SEKISUI Aerospace team today!
Position is responsible for SEKISUI Aerospace Orange City facilities and manufacturing equipment making sure it operates at utmost potential and are maintained to ensure maximum availability.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, including how an individual is to perform them and the frequency with which the tasks are performed; the tasks must be part of the job function and truly necessary or required to perform the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Ability to climb ladders, operate hand & power tools, drive fork lift, assembly heavy mechanisms
- Physical Demands include standing, sitting, lifting, bending, and climbing throughout shift.
- Flexibility to alter work schedule including nights, weekends, and on call as needed.
- Valid Iowa driver’s license.
Basic computer & software skills preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to precarious places and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate requiring hearing protection in certain areas.
Required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
PPE is provided by SEKISUI Aerospace based on the employee’s position and exposure.
Day Shift: Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, additional overtime hours as needed
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company Sponsored 401k
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Tuition Reimbursement
SEKISUI Aerospace is located in Renton, WA with facilities in Washington and Iowa. We design, engineer and manufacture composite structures used in commercial aircraft interiors. Examples include primary/secondary structures, sidewalls, ceiling panels, lavatories, bulkheads, overhead bins and crew rests. Additional information can be obtained on our company web site at https://www.sekisuiaerospace.com/.
Orange City, IA is located in the northwest corner of Iowa in Sioux County. It is home to two growing school systems, a four-year liberal arts college, the annual Tulip Festival, as well as many large industry and development opportunities. To learn more about the Orange City community please visit https://vibrant.orangecityiowa.com/.
SEKISUI Aerospace is a Drug Free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen required.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
SEKISUI Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Ensure that all SEKISUI equipment and facilities are 100% compliant to standard safety practices and regulatory organizations (OSHA, ANSI, UL, NFPA), customer processing spec (BAC, RPS) qualification requirements, and aerospace industry accredited organization (nadcap, ncamp) requirements.
- Debug electrical & controls issues with equipment and SCADA system.
- Coordinate work activities with outside contractors and vendors as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on equipment to a defined schedule and maintain preventative maintenance instructions.
- Work with production scheduling when maintaining facilities/equipment to ensure production impact is minimized.
- Provide accurate time estimates to production management on maintenance functions.
- Ensure maintenance spares inventory is maintained at minimum levels and spares are reordered as they are consumed.
- Install, relocate, facilitate and startup equipment as required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.