Injection / Blow Mold Process Tech - Den Hartog Industries, Inc.
Den Hartog Industries, Inc.
The Process Technician is a technical focal point for the blow molding area with the ability to share knowledge, procedures and manufacturing tips to ensure effective and efficient product molding. Focuses on process/quality analysis to ensure customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Under direction of the supervisor, may also coordinate activities and provide guidance to blow molding team regarding priorities, product preparation, mold configurations, inventory placement and general allocation of resources (personnel, machinery, materials, etc). Trains designated employees in processing tasks and solving machinery problems. Serves as a point of contact for area when the supervisor is unavailable.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, &/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Diagnose, trouble-shoot, and resolve production processing problems, documenting process and steps taken to resolve. Perform and assists with needed adjustments.
- Use product knowledge and floor experience to assist with machine setup and part placement, identifying and responding to potential areas of concern.
- Works with supervisors to determine accurate blow molding priorities and relays information to fellow employees to meet established shipping schedules.
- Coordinates appropriate resources (molds, parts, equipment, tools, etc) to assist blow molding operators in performing their tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Assures quality standards are maintained throughout area, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with specified requirements; assures each product meets customer specifications; notes accuracy of product detail including dates, fitting installations, etc and escalates all related concerns to the supervisor.
- Maintains & optimizes organization and placement of product to ensure smooth operations. Identifies, recommends and implements solutions for potential or actual issues.
- Completes required paperwork, or works with fellow employees to ensure paperwork is completed, thoroughly and accurately, and entered into the appropriate system as necessary.
- Aids in sampling new products. May include mold review, inspection, installation; running & finishing parts; set up configuration, fixturing; and coordinating results with QA, Managers, supervisors, etc collaborating to ensure proper part is achieved. Assures part conformance.
- Assist supervisors and QA regarding quality of finished products/parts ensuring work instructions and specifications are followed, escalating appropriate concerns as necessary. After reviewing potential areas of concern, may include guiding operators on tips/techniques to ensure parts are produced according to specifications and quality requirements.
- Aid and provide direction/assistance regarding difficult parts; areas of example would be stuck / warped parts, mold care, machine adjustments, etc.
- Assists supervisors on training new and existing employees on proven and proper procedures and techniques for optimal part production and efficiency.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods and equipment performance.
- Perform duties in various areas to cover breaks ensuring optimal continued production (may also include helping in roto molding areas such as oven, finishing, coordinator, etc.)
- Ensures safe operating procedures are followed (proper lifting technique and ergonomics, safe machine operation, usage of personal protective equipment, clean work areas, etc) raising issues as necessary. Recommends equipment design or process changes to eliminate safety hazards.
- Professionally and positively communicates with employees and management. Follows the designated "chain of command" when reporting information.
- Serves as a positive example to other employees through proper compliance of company policies; projecting enthusiasm about the company through positive interactions with others, including internal and external customers. Works hard to keep employee morale high and positive
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None