Designer / Draftsman - Den Hartog Industries, Inc.
Den Hartog Industries, Inc.Hospers, IA, USA
Uses knowledge of computer aided drafting and design software to design and document production component parts, weldments, and assemblies. Uses knowledge of metal and plastic production methods along with computer technology to design and carry out efficient operations needed to create and finish parts that meet precise specifications. Provides basic or fundamental product design throughput.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must be able to organize technical thoughts and operating procedures for communication to others including manufacturing employees to executive management by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person. Knowledge of the structure of content of the English language including the meaning of spelling words, rules of composition, and grammar. Ability to enter, store, or maintain information in written form or using computer systems.
Strong ability to assess project requirements and communication requirements to successfully implement projects. Ability to translate product performance requests into technical product solutions. Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Ability to manage one's own time.
Ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge of 2D and or 3D computer aided design software, specifically current version of SolidWorks. Knowledge of CNC manufacturing and programing software, preferred.
Basic knowledge of computers and metal fabrication equipment, preferred
High school or vocational school courses in mathematics, blueprint reading, computer programming and metal work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Document production component parts, weldments, and assemblies. This will include using equipment for measuring and using SolidWorks software to detail and document all prototype and production approved components. Requires knowledge of ANSI approved standards as they relate to detailed drawings including dimensioning, welding symbols, assembly callouts, drawing views, tolerances, and general drawing formats.
- Assists in support materials for CCN process as requested. Works with engineering on new product development including prototype layout and design. Provides the capability to initiate and successfully complete basic or less complex new product designs or product improvement designs via verbal direction or hand sketches. Provide basic design concepts and development up to and through production meeting DHI new product development goals.
- Generate CAD models, drawings, and details of DHI products, using sketches and engineering standards.
- Deliver accurate approval drawings, revisions, and fabrication drawings.
- Coordinate design activities with Quality, Engineering and department Mangers.
- Works with Engineering and Manufacturing to interface CNC production setups. Includes assisting in the design and construction of jigs, fixtures, and operational gauging devices.
- Works with Engineering and Manufacturing to interface manual production setups. This will include but not be limited to shear, press brake, saw or cutoff equipment and weld fixture setups. Includes assisting in the design and construction of jigs, fixtures, punch plates and operational gauging devices.
- Capable of measuring part, weldment, or assembly dimensions to determine accuracy of production setups.