Crane Technician 1 - Maintainer Corporation of Iowa
Maintainer Corporation of IowaSheldon, IA, US
General Responsibility Statement:
Responsible for the proper set-up, installation, and testing of all Maintainer cranes. Performs trouble-shooting on all crane equipment including electrical circuits and hydraulic systems. Produces quality work within a team environment. Works with limited supervision and makes routine decisions about quality and safety of work that is performed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Reasoning Ability, and or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous rigging and/or hydraulic experience is preferred.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, area and volume. Must have technical ability and work output that meets Maintainers quality standards, as well as good attendance habits.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables where only limited standardization exists.
Familiarity and knowledge of customer/supplier relationship in regard to primary work area and basic understanding of all phases of production within primary area/department.
Communication and Language skills:
Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, design schematics, blueprints, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to maintain a positive work attitude while performing assigned duties.
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Required to stand and use hands and fingers to grasp and hold objects, tools and or controls, likewise reach with arms and hands. Maintainer is a custom manufacturer which requires employees at times to work in awkward positions while performing these assigned duties. The employee is required to walk, sit, and talk or hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is also at times, exposed to fumes and or airborne particulates.
Must also utilize hand tools, power tools and other special equipment to perform assigned job.
Maintainer is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veteran's and disabled are encouraged to apply.
1. Initiates and assists co-workers in the set-up, installation, and testing of all Maintainer crane equipment. Interprets and communicates blue prints and/or shop drawings for product specifications in the crane assembly area.
2. Maintains all necessary documentation for set-up and test procedures.
3. Assembles and installs hydraulic systems according to blue print and/or design specifications. Makes recommendations for improvements where necessary.
4. Completes installation of unit decals when necessary.
5. Maintains a clean and safe work environment and wears all required personal protective safety equipment. Works at different workstations as needs require.
6. Participates in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and by exhibiting initiative in areas within direct control.
7. Follow all organizational, departmental, safety policies, procedures and directions as outlined in but not limited to; Maintainer Employee Handbook and Maintainer Quality Manual.
8. Performs other duties as requested by Management.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Maintains an active forklift operator’s license. Successfully completes annual overhead crane and hoist training requirements. Maintains an active Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.