Administrative Assistant - Maintainer Corporation of Iowa
Maintainer Corporation of IowaSheldon, IA, US
General Responsibility Statement:
The Administrative Assistant is responsible to serve as the initial point of contact for inbound customer inquiries. This position operates a multiple line telephone console; Relays incoming, outgoing, and internal calls and operates the internal paging system. Acts as a receptionist for customers, visitors, and vendors. Provides clerical support for Human Resources and Accounting functions. Performs other clerical tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Communication and Language skills:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to noise, fumes and or airborne particulate if in the manufacturing environment.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Possesses basic computer and keyboarding skills. Familiar with all Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Possesses strong customer services skills. Displays a positive attitude and friendly personality conducive to increasing customer satisfaction in person and via telephone. Must possess strong verbal communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Maintainer is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Answers and transfers all incoming calls using a multi-line phone console with paging system. Acts as a receptionist for clients, visitors, vendors, and job applicants.
- Order office supplies as needed and keep the supply cabinet stocked.
- Updates metrics related to quality, safety, and other information on information boards throughout the production areas.
- Reviews and enters all labor tickets on a timely basis. Makes appropriate time card adjustments where needed. Receives approved time off request sheets and verifies this against labor tickets.
- Assists with filing/scanning employee training and applicant documentation as directed by the Human Resources Manager.
- Assists with employee involvement activities to create a positive work environment. Assists with coordination of employee functions such as All Staff meetings, Christmas parties, birthday celebrations, and other employee activities.
- Creates and electronically distributes daily company bulletin, “Maintainer Minute.”
- Assists Customer Service by processing credit card orders, locating invoices, tracking numbers and freight costs customers.
- Generate Accounts Receivable Invoices.
- Email Supervisors Performance Appraisal notices.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.