Administrative Assistant - Interstates
InterstatesSioux Center, IA
Are you ready to jumpstart your career with a leader in industrial electrical engineering, construction, and automation?
Interstates is seeking an Administrative Assistant that thrives in an environment that is ever-changing and will effectively anticipate and execute tasks. This position delivers an unwavering attention to detail whether it is a basic routine task or the coordination of a time sensitive job proposal.
Here, integrity, trust and safety are always top of mind. Our work is exciting, and every single day is different. We will work together to solve problems, and we'll provide you with the training and support you need to craft a strong career path. You'll do it all at a dynamic, growing company that provides you with a competitive salary and outstanding benefits.
About us: For over fifty years, we've tackled complex challenges and developed innovative solutions. Yet, the most impressive thing we've built is our Team. At Interstates, we treat each other like family because the foundation of our success is our Team. We've created a collaborative workplace based on trust, integrity, and support. We offer education and career growth opportunities, one of the best safety records in the business, and benefits that put our families first.
At Interstates, our success starts with yours.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree (A.A., A.S.) from a two-year community college or technical school or Bachelor's degree (B.A., B.S.) from four-year college or university.
- Or equivalent combination of education and related experience/training
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Prioritization of tasks and well organized
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Budgeting Expertise
- Strong analytical mindset and grasp new systems
- This position will be located in our Sioux Center office and would have limited travel.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Company-paid Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and Holidays
- Matching 401k program
- Pay for performance bonuses.
- HSA contributions
- Casual dress code
- Safety focused culture
- Family-focused culture
- Community Giveback opportunities
Interstates is an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer and provides a drug-free work environment.
- Create and monitor schedules for all project activities through collaboration with project managers and delivery
- Set up standard project schedules through creating and utilizing templates and major project milestones.
- Resource support -- assist with providing accurate data needed for hiring triggers & business development
- Strategic Initiatives: Assist leaders with organizing and supporting organizational initiatives
- Assist in taking meeting notes, assigning action items, and posting notes in appropriate places.
- Possible Project Delivery responsibility for smaller capital projects.
- Make sure the client is being kept informed of project status, incident management and report any client issues to
leaders. This would include the preparation of weekly or bi-weekly project status reports.
- Assist with travel requests and expense reports.