Accounting Spec - Interstates
InterstatesUS-SD-Sioux Falls | US-IA-Sioux Center
Interstates is seeking a qualified individual to serve as an Accounting Specialist in their Sioux Center or Sioux Falls office. This position requires a general understanding of accounting principles and standards of the appropriate industry. The Accounting Specialist is to provide an intimate level of service, including seeking and anticipating the needs of his or her assigned project manager(s) and/or clients.
About us: Interstates meets the electrical and automation needs of companies around the world. For over sixty years, we have tackled complex challenges and developed innovative solutions for industrial manufacturing and processing facilities. What started as a small electric company has evolved into an organization with over 1,000 employees and multiple locations throughout the Midwest. At Interstates, we treat each other like family because our team is the foundation for our success. Our collaborative workplace is based on trust, integrity, and support for one another.
- A. or B.S. in Accounting, Business, or Finance and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to form relationships with internal and external stakeholders across various locations
- Strong computer skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work
This position is located at either our Sioux Center, IA or Sioux Falls, SD office.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Company-paid Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and Holidays
- Matching 401k program
- Pay for performance bonuses.
- HSA contributions
- Casual dress code
- Safety focused culture
- Family-focused culture
- Community Giveback opportunities
Interstates is an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer and provides a drug-free work environment.
- Job Setup and Maintenance - Setting up new projects and jobs in accounting software and maintaining appropriate ledger accounts
- Billings and Accounts Receivable - Preparing billings, contacting appropriate personnel for timely payments, and coding payments received
- Monthly Accounting Tasks - Entering data to ensure timely completion of regularly accounting tasks
- Sales Tax Reviews - Researching and applying applicable tax rates to projects and materials
- Basic compilation and report preparation of financial data