3D Scanning Specialist - Interstates
InterstatesUS-IA-Sioux Center | US-SD-Sioux Falls 712-722-1662
Take charge of a new career at Interstates as a 3D Scanning Specialist. The 3D Scanning Specialist will be responsible for developing and facilitating the relationship with clients for Interstates. The 3D Scanning Specialist will also be responsible for the management and operation of the laser scanner and site coordinate (XYZ) equipment. Position will require travel to jobsites and working with customers. It will also require you to stay current on the latest and greatest software changes and train the rest of the team. Interstates seeks ambitious, innovative individuals with the ability to grow and maintain value-added relationships with our Team and external clients.
About us: Interstates meets the electrical and automation needs of companies around the world. For over sixty years, we have tackled complex challenges and developed innovative solutions for industrial manufacturing and processing facilities. What started as a small electric company has evolved into an organization with over 1,000 employees and multiple locations throughout the Midwest. At Interstates, we treat each other like family because our team is the foundation for our success. Our collaborative workplace is based on trust, integrity, and support for one another.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma required. Preferred 1 year of experience; or a combination of education and experience. Must be detail-oriented.
Travel Requirements: Travel will be required and will vary according to jobsite or project needs. A minimum 75% travel should be expected.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Company-paid Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and Holidays
- Matching 401k program
- Pay for performance bonuses.
- HSA contributions
- Casual dress code
- Safety focused culture
- Family-focused culture
- Community Giveback opportunities
Interstates is an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer and provides a drug-free work environment.
Need help finding the right job?
- Operation and maintenance of P40 Leica scanner.
- Understand survey coordinate systems and interaction with the scans
- Register and Publish point cloud data using Cyclone and TruView software
- Working knowledge of Revit by making sure files are accurately represented
- Collaboration with project leaders and teams to identify the requirements and detail level for projects
- This will require travel to jobsites around the country
- Spend time on our jobsites learning what we do and figuring out different ways our technology can add value.
- Work alongside project leaders to grow the revenue and backlog of this program
- Cross train with other scanning roles such as Trimble operator
- Stay up to date with changing hardware and software requirements. Keep up with new and improved Construction Technology to help Identify what is coming and make recommendations.